Monday, December 1, 2008

Please Pray for Our Family--Tragic Day

We heard today that my husband's brother lost his wife last night in a drunk driving accident. She was driving home from work and was hit by someone running a red light. He apparently got woken up by the police knocking at his door at 3AM this morning.

I did not know Artiffany well, but I do know she was a perfect match in all ways for my brother in law. They shared a love of art, of travel, and of each other, and so much more. She was very kind to my son when he was preparing to travel to Ireland this summer, sharing her travel tips and giving kind encouragement. A gifted, generous and intelligent woman, she loved and laughed and gave of herself to all of our family, and her work as a nurse was just one indication of a compassionate and caring nature.

My husband will go down for her funeral; because of work/school/economics, the rest of us will attend only in spirit. Please pray especially for Tif's parents, siblings, and most of all, for Andy, her husband and kindred soulmate.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. Just skimming your post from the WTM forum and I'm so sorry to read this. My prayers are with your family.

Brittney said...

I am so sorry to hear of this tragic news. Hugs to your family and especially your BIL.