Sunday, November 30, 2008

I Don't Think I Have Enough to Say!

I don't think I can post every day. I don't have enough to say!

I spent today surfing the net for jobs--I'm ready to stop being a preschool teacher because I lack focus and have not done the job I really want to. My standards are high, and I am not living up to them. I'd like to work 3 days a week, perhaps walking dogs and doing a little tutoring. Fat chance. I do have a job waiting for me if I want it, but I don't know if they have a dog-walking route for me yet, and it's hard to quit a job if you don't have a good one to replace it. Bird in the hand and all.

Isn't it funny how discontent rears its ugly head? I am feeling more discontent since I started looking for something else. I should hear this week if I get any (contract) walking jobs. They have been so terrific at the preschool, and I hate to leave them in the lurch, but I'm ready to live my life as I want to, and I don't think it's wrong at this point to seek something else. Sigh. Any one got a dog I can walk?

Film Buff got his SAT's back. Wow. Just Wow! He went up 50 points in Critical Reading, went down in math by the same amount, and raised his Writing Score by 140 points! Guess which section he prepped the most---Math! Hilarious, tho painful. Thank God I heard colleges usually take your best score in each area. He's now trying to finish his application to college. He has to write a 250 word script pitch for the Cinema program. Luckily, he has a friend who is a producer in LA. He can run it by him and perhaps get some pointers. It would be so great if he got in next year!!

Sky goes to treatment Dec. 16. All you who pray, please do. Fourth time's the charm and all that. I'd cross my fingers, my toes and my ears if I thought it would help. Gotta be his work--we'll do what we can to make home good for him, and to work with our family counselor, but the majority of the work will be Sky's.

Well, that's it for now. Maybe I'll have more interesting stuff next time!

No comments: