Sunday, November 9, 2008

Finally, an Update

Is anyone still out there?
I have let this blog go because so many things have gotten in the way of my sitting down and composing posts--

1. I am now working as a preschool teacher 5X a week, wanting to pay down debt and save for
Film Buff's college. I am hoping for another job.
2. Nature Girl is therefore attending ps for the first time.
3. We have started an Alpha Course at church--I am not leading it, but I do help set up.
4. Unfortunately, Sky has relapsed and is awaiting trial to see what the judge will say. We are
investigating yet another residential program. Uggg.

It is so not fun. But, as usual, there is good and bad, light and dark, Twilight and Sunrise. God is refining me further, and at least, this time (with Sky's situation), I know the ropes a bit. One good thing is that I have stopped the unhealthy practice of putting myself in his shoes--or what I think they are, and then reacting with great sadness. I have been dealing with the Loss of the Ideal all thru his turmoil--I didn't know I had so many hopes and dreams. I am simply living this life here and now, wanting for the future, but no longer weeping so over the loss of the way I wanted life to be. That's actually a much better place. I even stopped setting my clock 10 minutes ahead--I found it a symptom of my wanting things to be different and denying them the chance to just be as they are, and dealing with it.
Does that make any sense?

I'll be updating more today, adding in what NG is doing at brick and mortar school, filling in the blanks with Film Buff's curriculum, and musing more about salvation, goals, good works, and other light subjects...

Welcome back!

No comments: