Monday, December 15, 2008

Survivor Finale--What did it MEAN?

So we had quite the dilemma last night--to watch the Cowboys beat the Giants, or watch the finale of Survivor. (What does that say about us? lol)

I watched about half the Cowboys game, then went to bed, as I was falling asleep on the couch. I woke up this am to hear that my favorite Survivor, Sugar, did not win, and was the "victim" of some really horrible words said by Corinne, another Survivor contestant.

So I was thinking, what does it take to insult (really, really insult, to the point of cruelty) someone on national television? Corinne had a chance to be nice later, to be repentant, to say she was "caught up in the game," but she didn't. How sad is that?

And why do I care? Survivor has always been a guilty pleasure around here. We talk about how people can lie or act badly under pressure, or how the ends don't really justify the means, but the "World" acts like they do. Survivor has been part of our moral development training around here--not really effective, but sometimes negative examples are a good thing.

Anyway, I wish Sugar had won.

No comments: