Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Whew! Is It Wednesday Already?

It's amazing, how much we cram into our lives. I am not one to be constantly occupied, nor do my children have many items on their plates--this is the first year we've had so many activities, and that's just with two at home. Even so, our lives this week have been more "psychologically busy" than physically busy.
My mom and dad came from the Great Frozen North on Saturday on their way to the Land of Beaches and DentuCream, stopping by here as they do every year. Conveniently, it's also my birthday weekend, so I get to see them on that special day. Their visits are always appreciated, but do involve a lot of preparation. If anyone has seen or read The Accidental Tourist, you will know what I mean when I say my mom is alot like the main character in that book. Anyway, we spent Saturday cleaning up. Thank God (and that's a prayer) Film Buff is an awesome helper. He really has a servant's heart when it comes to helping me around the house. (Take heart, all with younger kids--it can happen eventually.) Dh was out of town at his brother and new sister-in-law's wedding reception, so he escaped the frenzy of cleaning and tidying.
The day before, Sky had surgery on a broken pinkie--he got to come home to recuperate for about 24 hours. It was his first overnight since September. More on that, later. We had had to prepare the house for him, also. Sunday was church, and a visit to Sky. He had had a fabulous day therapeutically on Saturday, so the Sunday visit held good things.
Anyway, the weekend involved driving many places, keeping things under control at home, cooking decent food, and generally staying awake for long stretches of time. Doesn't sound stressful, but it's all in the company you keep, Baby.

Monday was my birthday, so Film Buff, Dad and I went to see CloverField. Fun, but not that profound. Just what I expected. Dh was sweet to me, preparing Fondue for us all, and encouraging me to skip out for an hour before dinner with two of my dear, dear friends. They took me to have coffee and wonderful conversation. More on them later, too--Can't tell you how blessed I am to have friends that love me so much.

And now, it's Wednesday. Nature Girl goes on a Surveyor's walk today with Brownies, Sky goes to the Dr. for a check up on his casted hand, and we have school. Guess I'd better stop blogging and get on with it all!

Look for weekly update on our school coming Friday! And check out the new Well-Trained-Mind Forums--aka The Hive. I'm *this* close to becoming a Worker Bee! (that's an insider joke)

1 comment:

OkinawaMama said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Chris! I hope your week has gone well, and hope to see you soon! Been thinking about you.