Wednesday, January 16, 2008

He Loved His Mother (or, This will get me in trouble with some of you)

As a classical home educator, I feel I must inform the Blogosphere (is that one g or two?...) regarding an important contribution to the musical education of our children. As we strive for a history centric curriculum full of connections between traditionally segregated subjects, I thought this little ditty particularly appropriate for Year One (Ancients) of the history rotation. Enjoy.
http://members.aol.com/quentncree/lehrer/oedipus.htm

Later:
Oh dear, it's not the song, only the lyrics. I searched for the actual performance on YouTube, but only came up with video of "Poisoning Pigeons in the Park," and others. Which was, actually, ok with me, as I love TL, and didn't know those videos were out there! Perhaps someone could use that one--let me know what the cross-curricular connection would be. Oh! Almost forgot--there *is* a wonderful "Elements" song. The entire periodic table, sung by Tom Lehrer. There ya go--sometimes it takes a while to find the perfect resource. I think out loud, I blog outloud, I discover out loud. Aren't you happy with me?

1 comment:

Needleroozer said...

I will go listen, but wanted to say, it's blogosphere, with one g- I think.
LB, aka Needle