Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I've Been Tagged!

Wow, validation--My 5 Wolf Cubs has chosen me for a book meme.
Here's what I'm to do:
1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).

2. Open the book to page 123.

3. Find the fifth sentence.

4. Post the next three sentences.

5. Tag five people.
So, I just went to the library yesterday, and books for Film Buff are all over the den table. I picked Sound and Sense, a book about poetry. Page 123 contains some of the text of MacBeth's speech after the death of his wife (has the Out out brief candle! part). Fifth sentence, ok--now here's the next 3 from SandS:

"Macbeth's first words underscore the theme of premature death. The boy also "should have died hereafter." The rest of the passage, with its marvelous evocation of the vanity and meaninglessness of life, expresses neither Shakespeare's philosophy nor, ultimately, Frost's, but it is Macbeth's philosophy at the time of his bereavement, and it is likely to express the feelings of us all when such tragic accidents occur."

Whew. I may need help when we get to this part of homeschooling.

I don't know many blogs, but I'll tag these:
Daisy at Lesser Road Academy
Stephanie
Remudamom
Needleroozer

That's only 4, but I hope that's ok!

5 comments:

Needleroozer said...

I did it!
LB

OkinawaMama said...

Okay, you didn't tag me but that is ok! I realized my Bible was the closest book to me so I was curious. Here you go:

"So Moses went out to meet his father-in-law and bowed down and kissed him. They greeted each other and then went into the tent. Moses told his father-in-law about everything the Lord had done to Pharaoh and the Egyptians for Israel's sake and about all the hardships they had met along the way and how the Lord had saved them." Exodus 18:7-8

Just as he saved the Israelites, he saves us from our hardships! May you face your pharaohs with a renewed strength.
Laura in VA

Daisy said...

I did one on Saturday so here is the link to it. ;-) I had fun with this one. BTW, I love your site. The header is just beautiful!

http://daisy-lesserroadacademy.blogspot.com/2008/01/book-meme.html

Redefining Paradise- Rachel said...

That looks like fun! I love to see all the "Tags"......think of me next time you get one :)

my5wolfcubs said...

Okay, I'm going to need help when I get to that level of schooling as well! Hope your Film Buff enjoys the book! :)
Lee