Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A Small Update


It's hard for me to post right now, because my mind is definitely elsewhere. Sky is still in JDC, and will be until the middle of March. We are trying hard to come up with a plan--think we've got one, but it is dependent on many factors outside of our control (aren't all plans?). I appreciate all the people who are praying for us now. I know it is honoring to God, and I know "the prayer of the righteous availeth much."

We finished up the Beth Moore Bible Study (on the Tabernacle) two weeks ago--what an amazing group of women! I wish we could continue, but I'm also glad to have Mondays free. Not sure what we will do next year--maybe a quick study over the summer. I'm looking at BM's Loving Well.

Dsil came with her youngest for the weekend. They are such a joy to have around. We get along well--many similarities in outlook, but just enough differences to keep it interesting and have something to talk about. She is thinking of homeschooling next year, and was kind enough to be interested in what we do with Nature Girl. I hope they can find what works the best for them.
Had to be enthusiastic about Story of the World--just love our history.

The girls made tea-stained paper on which to write their "Magna Carta" projects from the Activity Guide. Nature Girl decided today not to finish it, which is fine by me. I quizzed her on what the Magna Carta was, who signed it and where (do YOU know? lol), and she passed. Making notebook pages really does help retention! This pass thru history is all about exposure, anyway, so I'm not concerned about memorizing names and dates yet.

Had a nice trip to Mt. Vernon while our family visited. The education addition is phenomenal and I heartily recommend it to everyone.

That's it for now. More at the end of the week. (I know, this is boring! Hang in there.)

No comments: